Home > Events Calendar
Upper Valley Rally - September 14, 2013
Spinner Wood Products is donating 10 bins to the first 10 people that register!
The Naches Valley Chamber and the Naches Lions Club are hosting a fun filled day full of food and events.
We will have Apple Bin Racing starting in the morning and it will run all day. Learn more
Car show information .. coming soon!
1st Annual Upper Valley Rally 5K Run
Saturday, July 21, 2012 - 8:00 a.m.
Come join in the fun in Downtown Naches!
Thanks to our Sponsors!
The Pit Stop
Apple Bin Race
Entry fee $100.00 w/cart $125.00 without cart
Click on the photos to see larger versions of the apple bin racers
Apple Bin Guidelines
- All racing apple bins must pass a tech
inspection before that apple bin can be approved to race
- All apple bin racers must be made of an apple bin or an exact replica. No cutting or chopping to reduce weight. Holes can
be drilled for attaching miscellaneous hardware
Apple Bin Perameters
Outside Diamater - 48”x48” (+/- 1”)
Height - 24” (+/- 1”)
Plywood thickness - 1/2”
Replica drawings are available
- Must have a steering apparatus and braking system controlled by the driver
- All race teams are responsible for the functional operation of brakes and steering of their apple bin
- The type of wheels are racers choice
- May have a push bar no more than 24” beyond the apple bin
- All components of the racing apple bin must have surfaces that won’t create a
hazard to the driver or pushers
- May be painted and decorated in “Family Friendly” art and wording.
- All accessories must be secured to the apple bin
- Failure to abide by these guidelines will mean disqualification
- All teams are enccouraged to have their racing bins inspected early to allow for
any modifications that must be made
- Plastic bins can be used but will be given a 30# extra weight
- Bins need to be tech-ed before Saturday
Rules and General Info
- Teams consist of 1 driver, 4 pushers
- The driver must sit inside the apple bin and wear a bicycle/motorcycle helmet
- All 4 pushers must be holding onto the apple bin when it crosses the finish line
- Switching team members - Must have approval of Race Coordinator and new members must sign a new form
- The racing distance is 100 feet
- Grudge races will be allowed after the scheduled race events are finished
- Guaranteed 2 races (double elimination format)
- No motorized or assist devices are allowed on racers or apple bins
- Shoes with cleats are allowed
- All ties will be re-raced
- Gambling is not allowed
- No handing out of business fliers or brochures
- Anyone arguing with the Tech Teamor Judges will be disqualified (theirdecisions are final andnon-negotiable)
- Disqualified teams won’t get a refund
- The intent of the rules is to providean equal opportunity for all participants, teams not abiding by these
rules will be disqualified
For more information, please contact:
Randy Juette - firstname.lastname@example.org, (509) 653-2165
Return to Events Calendar